Introduction to anxiety and its symptomsParenting August 31, 2017 No Comments on Introduction to anxiety and its symptoms 83
Anxiety is common in life, especially in the life of persons whose lives are stressful. But if the anxiety is extensive that interferes with the activities of your daily life that can be a sign of anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorder can be developed in a child as well as an adult. Sometimes this disorder shows signs similar to that of obsessive compulsive disorder or panic disorder. It will be a long-term challenge to live with anxiety disorder. Often anxiety disorder appears with other mood disorders. This disorder is often found to improve with medications or counseling. Life style changes and learning relaxation techniques and how to cope up with situations can really help in improving the condition of an anxiety patient.
- Persistent obsession about small concerns which is often out of proportion
- Inability to let go of any worry
- Inability to relax and feeling keyed up.
- Not possible to concentrate and feeling that the mind goes blank on certain occasions.
- You feel much concerned about your worrying nature
- Difficulty in making decisions fearing that you may go wrong
- Thinking all the solutions to a problem lead to negative conclusions
- Difficulty in handing indecisiveness or uncertainty
- Muscle aches or tension
- Trouble sleeping
- Getting easily startled
- Nausea, bowel problems and diarrhea
There can be certain occasions when you do not have any reason to worry at all. But even then you will look completely immersed in worries. Such patients may have a feeling or strong concern about their personal safety or the safety of their loved ones. They may also have a feeling that something bad is going to happen to them soon.
Symptoms in teenagers and children
Special symptoms related to teenagers and children are given below. They may have excessive worries in the following matters.
- Performance in studies and sporting activities
- Keeping punctuality in schools and similar places
- As they cannot do things perfectly in the first attempt redo task becomes a big problem
- Anxiety about the physical fitness
- Anxiety related to perfectionism
- Lack of confidence
- Excessive time needed for doing homework
When to see doctor?
- If you feel that you worry very much and it is interfering in you work, relationship etc.
- If you find any difficulty in drinking or eating due to excessive thinking.
- If you ever have a tendency of suicidal thinking.
Leave a comment